Not too much to say. Great taste in music, and good sounds when landing on another planet. No real explanation what the bars at the bottom mean, but I figured things out in the end. Sadly, I can't try out multiplayer since I don't have anyone else around.
A downloadable gamelike thing for Windows, macOS, and Linux
connector.zip contains the source code and should run on any system that has pygame and python 3 installed.
setupConnector.exe is a self extracting archive that should run on windows PCs without requiring a previous python installation.
a space explorationey/gibberish game built in pygame with some obvious scoring from Gustav Holst that might just be art, and I'm still just referring to it by the name of the game jam.
There's a little linguistic toy that isn't quite developed enough to be anything but a gibberish generator.
Also posted on https://github.com/drewmacrae/connector
- Andrew Macrae
With Assets from:
- "The Planets, Opus 32" by Gustav Holst, performed by The United States Air Force Heritage of America band, accessed: https://opengameart.org/content/holst-the-planets-suite 6/1/2019 uploaded by XCVG licensed: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/
- "Open Sans" Google accessed 10/2015 licensed: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
- "Old Music Box 1" by Varazuvi Entertainment, accessed: https://freesound.org/people/Soughtaftersounds/sounds/145434/ 6/2/2019 uploaded by Soughtaftersounds licensed: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
- "Menu Click-Sparkle" accessed: https://freesound.org/people/Soughtaftersounds/sounds/145459/ 6/2/2019 uploaded by Soughtaftersounds licensed: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
- "Quindar Tone" National Aeronautics and Space Administration, accessed: https://freesound.org/people/jotliner/sounds/200813/ 6/2/2019 uploaded by jotliner licensed: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/
There are two ways to play: setupConnector.exe and orrerySetup.exe has the single player code built for Windows and tested on Windows 10. You can simply download and run a self extracting package to play a compiled version of the game without a need for much setup. After you install it run Connector.exe or orrery.exe respectively to play.
orrery.zip has the python source code but doesn't include necessary packages. To run it you should use pip to install:
- Gamejam and update90 days ago